2014 SPRING APPLICATIONS are now online. 80 Spots Left! Click Here.
2014 Summer/Fall Applications are now online. Click Here.
World "3 on 3" Hockey was developed in the year 2000. It is an innovative approach to the game of hockey that has over 3000 participants in Winnipeg, Canada alone.
- Family friendly times and dates
- Student : Instructor teaching ratios of 5:1 or less
- Professionally trained staff that have played and coached at the elite levels of hockey
- Certified power skating instructors involved in all programs.
- Proper practice to game ratios (2:1) that we introduced 2 years before the Hockey Summit debate.
- Innovative games that include our exclusive "3 on 3" , "1 on 1" and tri-puck hockey, all designed to accelerate skill development, especially skating and stick handling with skill appropriate peers.
- Special safe foam boards that allows proper ice utilization to give players more ice-time.
- A smaller playing area, no different than " 3 on 3" soccer, basketball or a little league baseball field. This gives children the opportunity to get in the scoring zone quicker allowing more players to score, developing everlasting confidence.
- A "Skills First" European approach to hockey, allowing children to develop in a tension free environment
- A creative approach to hockey giving players the ability to make quicker read and react decisions
- No politics and no players getting cut - we develop self-esteem!
The World "3-on-3" Hockey Federation has three goals:
- Accelerate skill development through encouragement from enthusiastic coaches
- Ensure equal ice time for all players in a safe FAIR PLAY CODE environment
- Your childs W.H.F experience leaves them SMILING :)
For 25 years, Mike Loustel has been the Director of Hockey Operations for both "World '3 on 3' Hockey Federation" and "Coach Hockey Schools". Immersing himself in the sport of hockey since the age of 18 months, Mike followed his family's tradition, and also followed in the footsteps of his older brother Ron (former Goalie of the Winnipeg Jets and Brandon Wheat Kings)and his cousin Lorne Henning(4 time Stanley Cup Winner - New York Islanders) by breathing, loving and playing the sport. Mike's training and perseverance were rewarded with his playing career that extended from 4 years of 'AAA' with the Hounds at Athol Murray College of Notre Dame to Junior with The Winnipeg South Blues eventually to College Hockey for The University of Manitoba Bisons. Proud Coach of 7 city champions, 6 provincial champions and 1 national championship team, Mike trained under former Team Canada members Terry O'Malley and Barry MacKenzie (Director of Player Personnel, Minnesota Wild), All-time M.J.H.L Wins Leader Doug Stokes and Wayne Fleming (assistant coach,Tampa Bay Lightning).
Mike has coached over 140 players that have been drafted by the NHL including Mike LeClerc (Anaheim Ducks), Cam Barker (Edmonton Oilers), Tyler Arnason (Colorado Avalanche), Dustin Boyd (Montreal Canadiens) and Cody Eakin (Washington Capitals). Mike is now eager to share his knowledge of hockey with your children, hockey enthusiasts, the stars of tomorrow.